As a service to our customers, MSC will arrange the shipping of orders via one of our preferred carriers. All charges are PROFORMA and will be included on the final balance due notice.
All shipping charges are included as a line item in the final balance due on your purchase. Items will be shipped either by FedEx or Freight/White Glove Inside Delivery Service depending on the purchased item. MSC will determine the appropriate shipping for the purchased item.
Small parcels will ship FedEx with a signature required. MSC will process online orders within 24 hours and send by FedEx air or ground depending upon the final shipping destination. Items are expected to ship within 3-5 business days from purchase.
Large items will ship by freight/White Glove Inside Delivery. After the item is packed and reaches its destination, it is uncrated and unpackaged by the White Glove Service shipping company, inspected prior to delivery to your room of choice, assembled, and all debris is removed. The service does not include installations such as hanging art on a wall, and it is suggested to hire a professional for such installations. Delivery for items shipped by freight/White Glove Service is 10-14 business days.
If the customer chooses to manage their own freight and delivery, MSC must be notified of the specific details of the movement such as the desired date of pickup. The fee to move the product from MAR SILVER’s manufacturer directly to a customer's home will be added to the balance due. All shipments are moved through a Bill of Lading (BOL) or carrier's automated delivery system. The location of the pick-up by the client or the client's agent may trigger sales tax responsibility at that location.
International shipping quotes are available upon request. All international shipments require a Certificate of Origin. There is a $50 fee and a 24 hour lead time for a shipping quote.
Receipt of Product
- Ownership of the product transfers to the customer (owner) upon the freight carrier taking possession of the order for transport. Therefore, responsibility for damage occurring in-transit is the owner's.
- MSC highly recommends using a qualified professional to facilitate in-home installation. MSC will recommend such a professional for the client if requested.
- When receiving shipments with a BOL, a signature on the BOL confirms that the products are received in good condition unless an exception is made on the BOL.
- When receiving parcel deliveries, a signature on carrier's automated handheld confirms that the products are received in good condition.
- If the merchandise is refused upon delivery for quality or damage issues, the receiver should contact MSC immediately.
- If the driver must "drop and dash", the receiver should note on the BOL that any concealed damage of boxed or crated product will be the responsibility of the carrier or the manufacturer as determined upon inspection of the product. Full inspection must occur within 48 hours of delivery and if applicable, all freight claims must be filed within 72 hours.
Inspection of Product
- Inspect the cartons or crates carefully. If there is any visible damage to the packaging, note it on the BOL or report to the parcel carrier representative. Take photos of any damage to the packaging, this is necessary to expedite damage claim resolution.
- After unpacking the cartons or crates. Inspect all merchandise carefully. Cartons and crates should always be unpacked in your presence. NEVER discard original packaging until satisfied with the delivery.
- If you are unable to inspect the merchandise at the time of receiving the shipment, note on the BOL that any concealed damage of boxed or crated products will be the responsibility of the carrier or the manufacturer as determined upon inspection of the products. MSC must be notified in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org 48 hours of any concealed damage that is found. Keep a copy of the BOL. Save the packaging material and take pictures of the damage.
- When appointing their own carrier, client is responsible for filing claims with the appointed carrier.
Product Quality and In-Transit Damage Reporting
- Products are inspected by the manufacturer prior to release to ensure that the order is in good condition, complete, and ready for shipment.
- The carrier is responsible for a complete inspection of the products at the point of origin. Any damage must be noted on the BOL. The signed BOL is confirmation by the carrier that they have accepted responsibility for delivering the products in the condition in which they were received. Inspections of the boxed or crated products are limited to the exterior of the packages. Exceptions must be noted, and the packages opened at once if the condition of the cartons or crates appears compromised.
- All freight damage claims must be made directly to MSC in writing within 48 hours of receipt of purchase.
- If the customer appoints their own carrier, freight claims must be filed directly with the appointed carrier. MSC is not responsible for a customer's own- or third-party freight damage and claims.